The challenge is there, and you deserve a high-quality formula to help you on your quest to complete it. That’s why Prozis developed a special wonder with a great synergistic effect, featuring powerful ingredients: BCAAs, Maltodextrin and alpha-Lipoic Acid. Now you definitely have what it takes to fully surrender yourself to the highest goals.
Previous studies have investigated the role of carbohydrates (CHO) in the regulation of human muscle protein metabolism.
Miller et al assessed the combined effects of a dose of amino acids and/or CHO after endurance exercise on muscle protein metabolism and showed that plasma insulin levels followed the glucose increase and peaked at ~20 min following the ingestion of CHO or MIX (CHO + amino acids). Insulin area under the curve was significantly greater in response to MIX (carbohydrates + amino acids) (p<0,001) (figure 1)1
This increase in insulin levels augments muscle blood flow (figure 2) and presents the following effects on protein metabolism2,3:
• Increases the rate of transport of some amino acids and muscle protein synthesis
• Decreases protein degradation and urea formation
Furthermore, the addition of CHO is important to replenish endogenous glycogen stores and to facilitate muscle damage repair and reconditioning, mainly during post-exercise recovery.
1 Miller SL et al. Independent and Combined Effects of Amino Acids and Glucose after Resistance Exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003.
2 Churchward-Venne et al. Nutritional regulation of muscle protein synthesis with resistance exercise: strategies to enhance anabolism. Nutrition & Metabolism. 2012, 9:40
3 Dimitriadis G et al. Insulin effects in muscle and adipose tissue. Diabetes Research And Clinical Practice. 2011, Volume 93, Supplement 1.
Unlocking the power
• The acronym BCAAs stands for branched-chain amino acids, made up of three members: Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. Now, why are they so relevant? The importance of BCAAs lies in the way the body metabolizes them and the biological processes they trigger.
• Maltodextrin is a complex carb obtained from food and made up of glucose polymers. As it has a high glycemic index, it’s commonly used by athletes.
• alpha-Lipoic Acid, also known as ALA, is a form of fatty acid produced in every one of our cells. Athletes usually take it after workout and daily exercises.
Prozis BCAA Glycofusion 300 g highlights
• For high-intensity athletes and bodybuilders
• Synergistic Effect (BCAAs, Maltodextrin, alpha-Lipoic Acid)
• Tested ingredients
• Top quality
• Great flavors